Think of an example of how behavior is shaped by the environment. Discuss the different examples and the question which environmental forces may lead to crime.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Watch the video “Testosterone and Crime” at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0AOUNN051Q
- ForaTV discusses evolutionary biologist Steve Jones’ notes that genes responsible for circulating testosterone in men are also to blame for most violent and criminal behavior.
- Summarize the information from the video.
- Discussion: Assume that there is a relationship between testosterone and crime. Also assume that young males have high amounts of testosterone. Should they be monitored closely? What may be the positive and negative consequences of closer monitoring?
3. Debate whether nature or nurture is more responsible for criminal behavior.
4. Read about the middle-class enclave of Chatman on page 148 in the textbook. Discuss the concept of collective efficacy and how it relates to social disorganization and crime. Why can some neighborhoods remain stable while others cannot.