The purpose of these recap discussion boards is to create dialogue and analytical discourse about the material covered in the chapter. In answering the recap discussion questions, you should engage in meaningful discussion with your fellow classmates. Please make sure to pay close attention to the specific due dates for each discussion board. You can contact me directly if you have any questions or post your question on the ‘General Questions/Concerns’ discussion form on the course site.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Please respond to the following questions with at least 5-7 sentence paragraph responses per question.
You should respond to at least two of your classmates post by the above due date. Your responses should be substantial, meaning they should be about 5-7 sentences in length and relate to your classmates post in some way. Please review the discussion board rubric on the course site for an elaboration on the grading criteria.
What are some of the ways in which people in the United States with fewer resources are at greater risk for poor health? Why are certain groups at a particular disadvantage? Are these patterns evident in COVID-19 data? (Please support your answer with evidence by doing some research on the disparities found in current data; please remember that gender is also important when analyzing health-outcomes)
Worth 10 Points:
Chapter Learning Objectives:
To read these particular portions of the chapter, please click on the links below and you will be taken to that section of the book.
- Define the term medical sociology
- Understand the difference between the cultural meaning of illness, the social construction of illness, and the social construction of medical knowledge
- Define social epidemiology
- Apply theories of social epidemiology to an understanding of global health issues
- Understand the differences between high-income and low-income nations
- Understand how social epidemiology can be applied to health in the United States
- Explain disparities of health based on gender, socioeconomic status, race, and ethnicity
- Give an overview of mental health and disability issues in the United States
- Explain the terms stigma and medicalization
- Explain the different types of health care available in the United States
- Compare the health care system of the United States with that of other countries
- Apply functionalist, conflict theorist, and interactionist perspectives to health issues
For this week, you should review each section in the chapter reading and complete your chapter recap assignment and/or discussion board. You should also review all supplemental readings and/or videos that are provided for you in the module. Please remember that your responses for the chapter recap assignment should be approximately 5 to 7 sentences in length per question set (not individual questions). You should only upload word or pdf files (please DO NOT upload .pages files). Additionally, your discussion board responses are due on Friday (initial response to the discussion prompt) and Sunday (respond to at least TWO of your classmates posts). Your posts should also be approximately 5 to 7 sentences in length per question set (not individual questions). Please let me know if you have any questions concerns about the assignments.
Are your reasons based on Law or Ethics or Both?
Paper , Order, or Assignment Requirements List three duties that a Company has to its employees? Why? Are your reasons based on Law or Ethics or Both? and Explain. I give your three duties, you can discuss. 1:Companies should be loyal to workers, employees are entitled to be treated fairly and with respect. you can discuss the discriminatory treatment. 2: company should give employee work in a safe and healthy environment 3: To motivate employees company should provide welfare, and set minimum wage