BSBLDR511 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
Assessment Task Part C: Project
Required documents and equipment:
• Computer with internet connection to refer to various resources
• Student assessment booklet, a pen (organised by the student)
• BLUE LOTUS COLLEGE learners’ resources (Aspire ebook) for the unit BSBLDR511 – Develop and use emotional intelligence (organised by the trainer)
• Learner’s notes
• Resources required
You must have access to:
• relevant workplace documentation and resources
• case studies or, where possible, real situations
• interaction with others.
Instructions for students:
1. This assessment will be conducted in the BLUE LOTUS COLLEGE classroom and/or outside the campus with access to the resources listed above.
2. You must satisfactorily perform all tasks to be deemed Satisfactory for this assessment.
3. Before you begin you must carefully read the task overview and context of your assessment.
4. You have to complete all 5 (five) tasks by using the information you received during classroom studies and that can be found in the e-book and PowerPoint slides you have been provided. The assessment also requires you to research the range of legislation that is applicable, along with the industry guidelines and practices currently used.
5. You must demonstrate that you are able to communicate effectively with relevant internal customers to reach the goals of the organisation.
This will require you to be able to:
a. ensure sufficient information is available for decision making
b. arrange the preparation and dispatch information in time as required
6. You are required to answer in a report format that should comprise of no less than 2000 words.
7. Your responses should demonstrate your knowledge and skills in communication, problem solving and decision making.
8. Your assessment has to be submitted to your assessor in a hard copy Microsoft Word format following the attached report format.
9. The final documents you submit for evaluation will be assessed using the project criteria provided.
10. All project criteria outlined must be covered satisfactorily for Part B to be completed satisfactorily.
Date of assessment
• Recommended date for assessment: Trainer to provide
Duration of Assessment
• Time required for assessment: 2 Weeks
Planning the assessment
• Access all resources mentioned in required resources either printed copies or access via the internet.
• Your assessor will set a time to provide feedback.
At the end of the assessment, you will be required to submit the following evidence before the due date specified by the assessor:
• Feedback report
• Self-reflection report
• Completed project record sheet
• Documentation can be submitted electronically or paper-based.
• Your assessor will record the assessment outcome on the assessment cover sheet.
Project overview and context
You have been asked to manage a project team that is coming together for the first time
Subject: Manage Project Team
The project is to implement a new software solution for the organisation. You will need to:
• organise and manage the schedule for the changeover to the new system
• organise staff training
• manage resource development
• monitor the budget for the project.
The project is a vital component of the organisation’s strategic plan as it will allow the organisation to respond to customer needs more efficiently.
You meet with each of your team members for the first time and ask each of them to describe a key strength and how it will contribute to the project. You also ask them to identify any issues they perceive in being part of the project team.
Below is a summary of each person’s response.
Project team member What they perceive as their key strength Issues they believe may exist within the team
Raoul Time management – ‘I will stop at nothing to meet a deadline, especially when the project time lines are tight’ ‘I’ve worked with Alan before. If you don’t agree with him he gets in such a mood and he ends up slowing everything down.’
Alan Attention to detail – ‘I hate being rushed – I do my best work when I am allowed to make sure that what we are doing is right.’ ‘I can’t stand people who take up all the oxygen in the room. I get angry and defensive if I don’t get my way.’
Shania Communication – ‘I am a great communicator. I can talk for hours on any subject and I know what I am talking about.’ ‘I’m the only female and want to be treated with respect. I am worried that I will be talked down to.’
Futoshi Numeracy – ‘I am a numbers man. I can make sure the project finances are on track.’ ‘I like a calm and quiet team so that I can concentrate. If people are too loud I will withdraw and work on my own.’
Mick Organisation – ‘I am a logical thinker and will be able to organise the steps to complete the project.’ ‘I have a disability that slows down my speech. Sometimes people think I am stupid or can’t do things, which can really hurt and frustrate me.’
In this project, you need to provide answer to all questions. Complete the following tasks.
Gather and analyse information on the impact of your emotions on others in the workplace:
• Self-reflect on your emotional intelligence. You could do this by completing an online emotional intelligence self-evaluation and gathering the results. This may include:
o Mind Tools EI quiz: http://aspirelr.link/mind-tools-ei-quiz
o Psychology Today EI test: http://aspirelr.link/psychology-today-ei-test
o IHHP EQ quiz: http://aspirelr.link/ihhp-eq-quiz
• Gather objective feedback from colleagues and/or managers on their perception of your emotional intelligence.
• Analyse your emotional intelligence based on the information you have gathered.
Evaluate your emotional intelligence at work:
• Identify your emotional strengths and weaknesses.
• Identify your emotional responses to personal stressors and triggers, such as overcommitting to work tasks, resulting in fatigue and anxiety.
• Outline how managing your emotions can have a positive impact in the workplace, such as making a conscious effort to respond differently to emotional triggers.
Develop a plan for responding to various cultural expressions of emotions.
• Identify the impact of cultural behaviours and beliefs on workplace interactions.
• Plan how you would respond appropriately to different cultural expressions of emotions in the team. This may include considering how you would talk to someone from a different cultural background.
You will be observed modelling appropriate behaviour in response to the emotional states of others:
a. Recognise and respond to the emotional states of your team by assessing their emotional cues, such as being inclusive, and using listening and questioning skills.
b. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in your interactions with the team, such as ensuring emotions are considered when making decisions on behalf of the team.
c. Consider the emotions of others when making decisions, such as how the emotions of your team members make you feel.
You will be observed implementing plans to enhance the emotional intelligence of others.
a. Create opportunities for others to express their thoughts and feelings, such as asking people how they feel during meetings.
b. Encourage team members to self-manage their emotions, such as encouraging them to regulate emotions during conflict.
c. Assist team members to understand the effect of their behaviour and emotions on others, such as making others feel intimidated, nervous, scared or frustrated.
d. Encourage team members to build productive relationships to maximise their work performance by developing a positive, inclusive environment.
The final documents you submit for assessment will be assessed using the project criteria provided.
All project criteria outlined must be covered satisfactorily for Part C to be completed satisfactorily.
You must complete the project unassisted by the assessor or other personnel, but may refer to reference material as needed.
Project Checklist – Assessor to complete
The project meets the following requirements:
P1 Self-reflecting on emotional intelligence
P2 Gathering objective feedback from colleagues and/or managers on their perception of the student’s emotional intelligence
P3 Analysing their emotional intelligence based on the information gathered
P4 Identifying emotional strengths and weaknesses
P5 Identifying emotional responses to personal stressors and triggers
P6 Outlining how managing their emotions can have a positive impact in the workplace
P7 Identifying the impact of cultural behaviours and beliefs on workplace interactions
P8 Planning how you would respond appropriately to different cultural expressions of emotions in the team
P9 Recognising and responding to the emotional states of the team by assessing their emotional cues
P10 Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability in interactions with the team
P11 Considering the emotions of others when making decisions
P12 Creating opportunities for others to express their thoughts and feelings
P13 Encouraging team members to self-manage their emotions
P14 Assisting team members to understand the effect of their behaviour and emotions on others
P15 Encouraging team members to build productive relationships to maximise their work performance by developing a positive, inclusive environment
Feedback: All project criteria must be satisfactorily demonstrated by the candidate. The project assessment has been confirmed:
q Satisfactory q Unsatisfactory
Please include recommendations for future training in cases where the candidate has not satisfactorily achieved all criteria:
Declaration: I declare that this project assessment has been conducted as per the training organisation’s assessment procedures and the instructions provided for this assessment task, and that I have provided appropriate feedback to the candidate.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Assessment Task Cover Sheet
Student Name: Student ID
Unit of Competency: BSBLDR511 – Develop and use emotional intelligence
Assessment Task: Part D – Role-Play Observation
Date of Submission:
Assessment Outcome: 0 Satisfactory 0 Not Satisfactory
Student Plagiarism Declaration: By submitting this assessment to the college, I declare that this assessment task is original and has not been copied or taken from another source except where this work has been correctly acknowledged. I have made a photocopy or electronic copy or photograph of my assessment task, which I can produce if the original is lost.
Assessor: I declare that I have conducted a fair, valid, reliable and flexible assessment of this student, and I have provided appropriate feedback. I also declare that I have undertaken the indicated assessment integrity checks
Google check for plagiarism 0 Yes 0 No
Check for copying/collusion 0 Yes 0 No
Check for authenticity (own work) 0 Yes 0 No
Cheating or use of model answers 0 Yes 0 No
Student: I have received, discussed and accepted my result as above for this assessment and I am aware of my appeal rights.
The post BSBLDR511 – Develop and use emotional intelligence appeared first on Versed Writers.