CASE STUDY The student will submit a case study providing a critical analysis of the key nursing care priorities of a specific patient related to the current stage of condition. The case study will
The student will submit a case study providing a critical analysis of the key nursing care priorities of a specific patient related to the current stage of condition. The case study will:
• integrate a range of evidence demonstrating critical analysis, and decision making.
• provide a critical application of national/local guidelines
Introduction: • Set the context of the assignment. • Provide a succinct overview of the situation and background of this patient.
Main Body : • Relate the signs and symptoms to the pathophysiology of the patient’s condition. • Using a problem solving approach critically discuss the key nursing care priorities of this patient. Overall Conclusion: • Identify the salient points and highlight how this has impacted on the care of this patient.
*Details and conditions of the patient: the patient will be called Ann which is not her real name, she’s 35 years old, came to the ward from accident and emergency, she was complaining of increasing need for water, she also feels an increasing need to urinate, and always feels hungry and always feels tired, she was diagnosed with type1 diabetes.
The two key nursing care priorities that will be critically discussed are: heart and stroke disease prevention and nerve damage prevention (neuropathy).
– Introduction see notes above on what to includes on introduction
– Definition of type 1 diabetes
– Discuss the pathophysiology of type 1 diabetes and relate this to initial presenting signs and symptoms, discuss on: Polyuria, polydipsia, and weigh loss
– Discuss the two key nursing care priorities that will be critically
discussed: heart and stroke prevention and nerve damage prevention (neuropathy) things to includes in this section are advice on- life style, diet, blood glucose monitoring and insulin therapy. states also why they are important.
*PLEASE NOTE: FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTION ABOVE, AND I WILL SEND YOU TWO EXEMPLAR TO READ PRIOR STARTING THIS CASE STUDY*