COMP SCI7207 Web And Database Computing
- Understand principles of designing user friendly websites.
- Write standards compliant websites in HTML & CSS.
- Understand the interactions between the client-side and server-side components of web applications.
- Design and build AJAX calls to a server and handle responses.
- Use third party APIs in web applications.
- Use E-R Modeling to design a database structure.
- Understand the role of databases in web applications.
- Plan & integrate a database into a web application.
- Understand and mitigate security issues faced by web applications.
Your web application project for the Semester is to design and develop a task/chore roster system for shared spaces that allows managers to set tasks, notifies users of their tasks, and allows users to mark tasks as complete.
- Upon loading the system should display
- Current tasks that need to be done today
- The user who is assigned that task
- Users should be able to sign up and log in so they can
- View their scheduled tasks
- Manage their profile/user information
- Manage their availability
- Manage the types of tasks they can/want to do.
- Managers should be able to sign up and log in to:
- Manage their profile/manager information
- Create and manage different tasks.
- Group tasks.
- Assign tasks or groups of tasks to users.
- Users/managers should be able to choose to link a social media/email/other account, allowing login via that platform, to make logging in easier.
One of the following two special features must also be present:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Email notifications
- Users can request that an email notifications be sent to them for current/upcoming tasks.
- Users should be able to choose when email notifications are sent
- Users should be able to set multiple notifications and/or different notifications per task.
~ OR ~
- Calendar Reminder
- Users can connect their online calendar to the system (Google Calendar/Outlook)
- Tasks automatically added and updated on users’ online Calendars.
- The web application must developed and run in the CS50 IDE.
- You should also make regular (at least weekly backups/downloads of your work)
- The web application must use NodeJS, Express, and AJAX .
- The database must be a SQL database.
- Your markup/code must pass W3C Validation and ESLint linting.
- You may use other libraries/frameworks not addressed in this course, however your implementation must still demonstrate your understanding of the concepts taught in this course.