- Watch this video that explains the events and issues surrounding the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire tragedy that occurred in New York in 1911. Please watch Segments 29-32 from the provided link. Then answer the questions below.
1) In a few sentences, summarize the ways in which lack of labor safety precautions led to this tragedy.
2) What is the relationship between this tragedy and immigration?
3) How did this tragedy influence changes to labor law and protections for laborers in the workplace?
- Examine this map that shows the portion of Eastern Europe known as The Pale of Jewish Settlement and do the following. Click here to access the map.
Consult a modern map of Europe and list the names of the countries that would currently be located within the historic Pale of Jewish Settlement shown on this map.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Use this map to help you get started – Focus on the large area outlined toward the center of the map between the body of water in the South and the body of water in the North. Pay close attention to the red, dark green, darker blue, and pink areas just to the east of the center of the map.
Traditional thinking views a problem in isolated parts, each part as linear having a cause and effect that is managed. Systems thinking recognizes that a complex system managed in the traditional way will result in unintended consequences and enhance complexity instead of resolving the problem.
- Provide an example of a problem in any context, i.e. environmental, social, educational, or financial.
- Explain the problem in a traditional approach with a linear cause and effect as well as how it can be resolved.
- Then put the problem into a system thinking approach in which the same solution to the problem can cause additional consequences or increase the complexity of the problem and how these must be considered before implementing a solution.