ENG-102: ENGLISH COMPOSITION
Argumentative Research Essay Assignment:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Review Logic in Argumentative Writing at: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writing/academic_writing/logic_in_argumentative_writing/index.html
Read the article titled Argument: https://writingcenter.unc.edu/tips-and-tools/argument/
This essay must be written in the argumentative mode, and you will incorporate research into it. The primary purpose of this argumentative essay is to convince readers to think the way you do about a subject. To accomplish this goal, you must establish a reasonable and thoughtful argument supporting a position on an issue.
Your essay should have the following parts:
· Title page in APA format
· In-Text Citations
· Introduction which includes your thesis statement
· Body paragraphs that state your reasons with supporting evidence
· Refutation – acknowledge the opposing view, but explain why your position is the correct one
· Reference page with a list of sources used in the essay.
You are allowed to select your own topic for this assignment.
You must have at least 5 reliable and appropriate authoritative sources in a variety of formats published within the last 5 years. Avoid the use of Wikipedia in academic research.
Support your position with evidence. The following are different ways to support your argument:
· Facts – a powerful means of convincing
· Statistics – Be sure your statistics come from responsible sources. Always cite your sources.
· Quotations – Direct quotations from leading experts effectively support your position.
· Examples – Examples enhance your meaning and make your ideas concrete. They are the proof that backs up your point.
· Double Spaced, 1” margins, Times New Roman font in 12-point size, and formatted according to APA guidelines
· Use APA format for the Title page and page numbers
· Use APA format for in-text citations and References page
· This assignment should be 8 pages not including the Title page and References page
· Avoid the use of 1st and 2nd person. Must be written in 3rd person point of view
· This assignment should be an original creation for this course session and not a reworking of any previous essay submission from any prior course experience.
· The assignment should also include a large amount of the student’s own ideas and words rather than merely a linking together of a series of quotes or paraphrases.