Web-Based Intervention Proposal Paper
The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to develop a Web-based intervention proposal.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
CO6: Examine current information technology systems that are considered best practice in healthcare delivery, especially related to quality and patient safety (PO #6).
CO8: Synthesize existing and emerging information systems that support evidence-based decision making for quality improvement (PO #7).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
CO9: Apply informatics and information systems concepts to the advanced nursing practice role (PO #7).
CO10: Formulate strategies using healthcare technology and informatics to improve patient safety and health outcomes for quality improvement of advanced nursing practice (PO #6).
This assignment is worth a total of 275 points.
Submit your completed application by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 7 as directed.
1. To complete this application, you will need access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library. The library has a main menu available at http://library.chamberlain.edu/libraryhome with a link for Research Help in the left-hand menu.
2. The Web-Based Intervention Proposal paper will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
3. Create your manuscript using Microsoft Word 2010 (a part of Microsoft Office 2010), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word 2010 document because it will end in “.docx.”
4. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this paper may be posted under the Q & A Forum.
5. The length of the paper is to be no less than 6 and no greater than 8 pages excluding title page and reference pages.
6. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headings (upper and lower case, centered, boldface).
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction to the Web-based intervention proposal, but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63). APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
a. Introduction to the Web-based intervention proposal
b. Description of PICOT elements necessary for the proposed online intervention
c. Reflection on the application from a Health Information Technology (HIT) perspective
PREPARING THE PAPER
The following are best practices for preparing this paper:
1. When introducing the Web-based intervention, be sure to identify appropriate background information regarding the proposed online interventions (who, what, where, when, and why).
2. When describing the proposed PICOT, be sure to fully describe each element using current evidence and how the proposed online interventions could be achieved if implemented.
3. When reflecting on the proposed online interventions, be sure to fully justify the proposal from a Health Information Technology (HIT) perspective.