You Decide Reflection
The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected DNP competencies acquired through the NR706 course.
This assignment provides documentation of student ability to meet the following course outcomes:
CO1: Explore computer technology issues in nursing informatics (PO #7).
CO2: Distinguish between the contributions of computer science, information science, and nursing science to nursing informatics (PO #7).
CO5: Determine human factor issues in nursing informatics (PO #7).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
CO7: Analyze systems management issues in nursing informatics (PO #7).
CO10: Formulate strategies using healthcare technology and informatics to improve patient safety and health outcomes for quality improvement of advanced nursing practice (PO #6).
This assignment is worth a total of 100 points.
Submit your completed application under the Dropbox tab by Wednesday 11:59 p.m. MT of Week 8 as directed.
1. The You Decide Reflection is worth 100 points and will be graded on quality of self-assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
2. Create your essay using Microsoft Word (a part of Microsoft Office), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx”
3. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q & A forum.
4. The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
5. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. You Decide Reflection
PREPARING YOUR REFLECTION
The DNP Essentials (AACN, 2006) outline a number of information systems and technology competencies for the DNP-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NR706 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. “Design, select, use, and evaluate programs that evaluate and monitor outcomes of care, care systems, and quality improvement including consumer use of healthcare information systems.
2. Analyze and communicate critical elements necessary to the selection, use and evaluation of healthcare information systems and patient care technology.
3. Demonstrate the conceptual ability and technical skills to develop and execute an evaluation plan involving data extraction from practice information systems and databases.
4. Provide leadership in the evaluation and resolution of ethical and legal issues within healthcare systems relating to the use of information, information technology, communication networks, and patient care technology.
5. Evaluate consumer health information sources for accuracy, timeliness, and appropriateness” (AACN, 2006, p. 13).
American Association of Colleges of Nursing [AACN]. (2006). The essentials of doctoral education for advanced nursing practice. Washington, DC: Author.