You have been engaged as a management consultant by Scylace plc, a grocery retail
chain. You have been asked to evaluate two alternative proposals for building a new
superstore and a proposal to make a takeover bid for Helibeb plc. You have the option to
build the superstore at one of two locations.
Using the figures which you have calculated in your examination, write a report with
recommendations on whether to build either or both of the two superstores and on
whether to make a bid for Helibeb plc.
If you recommend that
(a) both superstores should be built or
(b) at least one superstore should be built while Scylace also seeks to acquire
you must provide a recommendation on which investments should take priority if
resources are insufficient to make all the investments you are recommending.
Your report must contain:
- An executive summary (up to 300 words)
- An introduction (up to 200 words)
- A methodology for evaluating the proposed new superstore locations and
prospective acquisition, in the light of available finance (up to 500 words)
- An evaluation of the proposed new superstore locations and prospective
acquisition (up to 1,000 words)
- Conclusions (up to 250 words)
- Recommendations (up to 250 words)