Implementation Of An Instrument
A critical skill of researchers is being able to administer, score, and interpret the results of an instrument. This assignment will provide you with experience toward developing those skills. Using a popular and well-established instrument, the Big Five Inventory-2 Short Form (BFI-2-S), you will practice and demonstrate these skills.
General Requirements: Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Access and download the Big Five Inventory-2 Short Form (BFI-2-S) from http://www.colby.edu/psych/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2013/08/bfi2s-form.pdf . NOTE: Personally identifiable information (PII) including demographic information (e.g. age, gender, IP address, physical location) should not be collected for this assignment. When conducting your dissertation study, this type of information will need to be collected and anonymized following standard procedures for the ethical handing of participant data.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Refer to SPSS Resources in the Topic Resources for this topic. Attached below*
· Refer to “Introduction to Statistical Analysis Using IBM SPSS Statistics, Student Guide” attached to this assignment.
· Refer to the “Reverse Coding Procedure” document attached to this assignment.
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
· Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. The manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
· This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
· You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Administer the BFI-2 to a minimum of 15 adults such that you receive a minimum of 15 complete data sets. You may administer the instrument using paper or via an online survey tool such as Survey Monkey. Personally identifiable information (PII) including demographic information (e.g. age, gender, IP address, physical location) should not be collected for this assignment. When conducting your dissertation study, this type of information will need to be collected and anonymized following standard procedures for the ethical handing of participant data. NOTE: This classroom practice assignment does not require approval from the Institutional Review Board (IRB); completion of the BFI-2-S as administered is considered participant consent. However, your actual dissertation research study must be submitted to IRB for review and approval.
Enter the survey results in an Excel file manually or download the survey results as an Excel file.
Using the data you collect:
1. Calculate the dimensional scores for each instrument dimension (e.g., Openness to Experiences, Conscientiousness, Extraversion, Agreeableness, and Neuroticism) of the BFI-2.
2. Use SPSS to determine the mean, standard deviation, minimum value, maximum value, and range for each of the dimensions. Refer to the attached document “Introduction to Statistical Analysis Using IBM SPSS Statistics, Student Guide” for instructions on how to do this.
3. Use SPSS to determine the reliability (Cronbach’s alpha) of the instrument for measuring each of the five dimensions.
4. Based upon the reliability statistics developed in Step 3, interpret the reliability of the BFI-2 for measuring personality traits.
5. In an essay (600-750) words, describe the results of the survey. Present the descriptive findings in a table.
Use the information on the SPSS Resources page to access SPSS for use with the Topic 5 assignment.
Please message me if you need a login for the above link.