Logistics and Supply Chain
Primary Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 200–250 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
For this Discussion Board, please complete the following:
This week, we have learned that companies that are able to create value for stakeholders are able to improve profitability. For example, we learned that Patagonia is a market leader in outdoor gear due in part to its attention to stakeholders and a focus on social responsibility. Review this week’s reading assignment to learn more about Patagonia.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· Describe the characteristics of a company that you prefer to buy a product or service from.
· What are some characteristics of a company you would NOT buy a product or service buy from?
In this unit, we will explore the role of stakeholders and their impact on an organization, the stakeholder model, and the ethical obligations of an organization to those stakeholders. Remember that ethical obligations are duties that a person owes to a company in terms of his or her decisions and how he or she behaves.
After reviewing the lessons for this week, think about various stakeholders for a high end restaurant. It is marketed as a fine dining experience for everyone. Customers can expect high quality food and service. Management is intentionally visible to customers and employees. The chef hand selects the freshest products. As the owner who has to make decisions for the restaurant, respond to the following:
· Identify the stakeholders for the restaurant. What ethical obligations would restaurant management have to these stakeholders?
· Why should stakeholders be considered during the decision-making process?
· How would you use stakeholder feedback to improve the restaurant?
· Individual Project Rubric
· The Individual Project (IP) Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the IP. This Individual Project Grading Rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the IP. It’s the roadmap that can help you in the development of your IP.
|Expectation||Points Possible||Points Earned||Comments|
|Assignment-Specific: Identify stakeholders involved in the decision.||35|
|Assignment-Specific: Explain their ethical obligations to stakeholders and vice versa.||35|
|Assignment-Specific: Explain how their decision making would be different if they made the decision again.||30|
|Organization: Assignment presents information logically and is clearly relevant to discussion topic.||15|
|Professional Language: Assignment contain accurate grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation with few or no errors.||10|
|Total Points Earned
1) Primary Task Response: The discussion assignment for this week will be a review of the Key Assignment Draft from other students. Your first task is to post your Key Assignment draft to the discussion area so that other students will be able to review your work. Attach your document to your main discussion post, and include any notes that you feel are appropriate in the post. You are not being graded on your Key Assignment Draft at this point. The purpose of this assignment is to help improve the quality of your Key Assignment. In your submission, include bullet points on what you plan to cover in section IV of your Quality Control Manual, “Quality Tactics and the Logistics and Supply Chain functions.”
2) Key Assignment Draft
The Key Assignment first draft should contain material from Weeks 1–4 and should be 1,250–1,600 words.
For this unit’s assignment, you are to add the following section to your draft:
Quality Tactics and the Logistics and Supply Chain Functions (300–400 words)
· Identify what tools are applicable internally and why
· Identify and explain what tools are applicable externally with vendors
· Include your cited references from three new sources
Quality Control Manual
This first draft represents Part 1 of the Key Assignment. You should treat it as a finished document in terms of grammar, formatting, all necessary sections, and complete content. If you do a good enough job in the first draft, no changes will be needed for Part 1 in the Key Assignment final draft.
This course is comprised of a series of Individual Project assignments that will contribute to a Key Assignment submission at the end of the course. Each week, you will complete a part of a Quality Training Manual. You will select an organization and apply your research to the development of the Quality Training Manual that is meant for the logistics and supply chain management departments. The project deliverables are as follows:
· Quality Control Manual
· Use Word
· Title page
· Course number and name
· Project name
· Your name
· Table of Contents (TOC)
· This should be on a separate page.
· This should be a maximum of 3 levels deep.
· If you are using an autogenerated TOC, be sure to update the fields of the TOC before submitting your project.
· Section Headings
4. Week 1: Introduction
1. History of the quality management evolution
1. Why it is needed
4. Week 2: The Role of Leadership
2. Why it is a strategic issue
2. Management as a role model
2. New kinds of metrics
4. Week 3: General Quality Strategies and Tools
3. Establishing customer expectations
3. Designing quality in
3. Defining metrics
3. Six Sigma
4. Week 4: Quality Tactics and the Logistics and Supply Chain Functions (300–400 words)
4. What tools are applicable internally
4. What tools are applicable externally with vendors