Select an organization that you can research that has an on-premises business function that you believe will benefit from a migration to cloud computing. This paper must be entirely original content and checked with grammarly.com before submitting. The paper must include the following sections. Each explicitly listed with a heading.
- Company Overview: The section should include the company name, the industry they are in, and a general overview of the organization.
- The On-Premises Function: Discuss the current application or functional domain that you are proposing for a move to the cloud. For example, an inventory management system or the organization’s email platform. Why will this benefit from cloud migration?
- The Proposed Cloud Solution: Describe your proposal for moving the function to the cloud. Be specific and detailed. What services would you use? Which service provider would you use? What timeline do you propose? Include as much detail as possible. This portion should be a minimum of 2 pages. For example, indicate the specific services you will consume or subscribe to, (if you are moving to AWS, I would expect to see specific services listed such as EC2, S3, Redshift, Lambda, and others). Indicate where storage is duplicated and failovers may be present.
- Diagram: You must diagram the solution you are proposing
- Conclusion: Summarize the most important ideas from the paper and make recommendations on how they might achieve even greater success.
- This paper should not be a cursory overview. This class has a technical focus and this work should center on the proposal of the technical solution. It should detail moving to the cloud, what cloud services will be used, and what the predicted benefits are. This is a persuasive paper trying to convince the organizational leadership to approve a well-defined project to move a function to the cloud. This paper is not an analysis of an organization that has already done so. Do not write about Amazon, Azure, Google, Apple, IBM, or other cloud providers. You may not use Netflix, Xerox, and Fitbit as a topic organization for this paper.