MSIS/IT 461: SW Development Methodologies Assignment
Software development can be chaotic and complex in the absence of a structured process.
Overtime, several methodologies have been proposed to guide software development. At a high
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
level, software development methodologies can be classified into three groups: structured
methodologies, object-oriented methodologies, and agile methodologies. Within this background,
answer following two questions:
1. What is Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)? Draw a diagram to illustrate the generic SDLC. (max 1 page)
2. Choose and discuss three methodologies, one from each section (max 3 pages)
a. Structured methodologies: Waterfall, Rapid Application Development (RAD) Model, prototyping, spiral model.
b. Object-oriented methodologies: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Enterprise unified process (EUP), Object Process Methodology (OPM), Catalysis
c. Agile methodologies: Scrum, eXtreme Programming (XP), Adaptive software development (ASD), Crystal
1. Submit your assignment in a word documents (.doc) on blackboard using 12 point font with 1.5 line spacing.
2. Run your report through a plagiarism checker software freely available online.
3. Cite the sources referred.