SYM-WK2 NoSQL Database
MongoDB is a document-oriented NoSQL database organized around collections of documents.
The purpose of this assignment is to use MongoDB to create and manage hotel documents.
“Create Mongo Database, Collection, and Document” videos within the “Video Playlist: Relational Databases for Business Applications,” located in the topic Resources.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Suppose you work for a company that collects information about hotels. Data collected contains information such as name, address, room rates, room types, and amenities. Your company decides to use NoSQL MongoDB to capture this information.
Use MongoDB to do the following:
1. Create a new collection of hotel documents.
2. In the new collection, create a minimum of three hotel documents; for each document, capture the name, address, room rates and room types for a hotel.
3. Take a screenshot showing all the data.
4. Update the documents to add an array with three amenities (e.g., free Wi-Fi, breakfast) for each hotel. Hotels may have some amenities in common, but the combination must be unique for each of the three.
5. Take a screenshot showing all the data, including amenities.
6. Delete all the amenities from one hotel.
7. Take a screenshot showing all the data with amenities missing from one hotel.
Submit the following in a single document compatible with the digital classroom (e.g., Microsoft Word). Include a one-line description above each screenshot.
· Screenshot of #3, initial hotel entry
· Screenshot of #5, hotel entries with three amenities added
· Screenshot of #7, hotel entries with amenities removed for one hotel
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Expand All Rubric
Creates a New Collection with a Minimum of 3 Hotel Documents and Provides Screenshot and Description
Updates the Documents to Add Amenities and Provides a Screenshot and Description
Deletes All the Amenities From Only One Hotel and Provides a Screenshot and Description