Write a 500 word analytical essay, double spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, one inch margins, no more than three pages on the following topics. In the essay, we are looking for your ability to examine a given situation and to provide conclusions derived from your evaluation.
Some people argue that universal access to healthcare should only include preventative care. Others suggest that it should include all levels of attention (primary, secondary, tertiary) and include conditions such as mental health. Assume you are an expert in public health and you are asked to testify in a Congressional hearing about a universal healthcare option. Based on what we have learned in class, what would be your preferred position between these two options? (Or provide a third alternative if you prefer). Think about the interaction of poverty, culture, economic growth, and public health as you argue your position. Justify your position and use external sources to support your argument. For your essay, you may consider a particular disease, its place in a more universal healthcare system, and the ethical and moral dilemmas associated with treating disease.
Possible essay format:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Provide a brief history of the disease. Within your brief history, think about addressing the following questions:
• What is the nature of the health problem (disease, illness, sickness, medical condition)?
• Is there a certain or special population that is affected by the disease?
• Does the disease have any social status or stigmas?
• Do treatments exist for the disease?
• What are the treatments?
• What are the costs (direct and hidden) of the treatments?
• What are the politics surrounding the disease (if any)?
• What are the ethical dilemmas surrounding the disease (if any)?
Give an explanation of why or why not this disease, given its history and its political and ethical dimensions, should or should not be covered within the universal system and, if so, how it will be covered (who will pay, how services will be rationed, what the limits are to coverage, etc.).
You may choose your own disease, or focus on one of the following:
• Obesity • Diabetes • Depression • Schizophrenia • HIV/AIDS • Sexually transmitted infections • Lung cancer correlated with smoking • Alcoholism • In-vitro fertilization • Bariatric surgery
The post What is the nature of the health problem (disease, illness, sickness, medical condition)? Is there a certain or special population that is affected by the disease? appeared first on Essay Hotline.