Reflections on Competencies: Gain an insight into communication in an inter-professional healthcare team (Theatre and Out-patients). Demonstrates an understanding of infection control procedures
Communication in an inter-professional healthcare team
Reflections on Competencies:
• Gain an insight into communication in an inter-professional healthcare team (Theatre and Out-patients)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Demonstrates an understanding of infection control procedures ( Emergency department and MRI)
Putting aside logistical constraints, barriers to interprofessional collaboration include, for example:
- Lack of a clear and agreed purpose to the charter.
- Finding the right peers with whom to collaborate – skills, knowledge and style they bring to the collaboration.
- Different expectations, such as deterministic thinking (let’s find a way to get from A to B) vs emergent (let’s find a way from A to B, then from B to C, then from C to D.)
- Ability to operate as peers on the same level (where no one party feels more important than the other(s). i.e. Symmetrical power model, not asymmetrical.)
- Employer restrictions on collaborating with competitors.
- Inability to agree on ownership of the intellectual property and other derivatives of the collaboration.
- Negative consequences of collaborating E.g. If an academic paper will be produced, better it’s just my name on it than me and someone else. (This is a real example from a collaboration we help set up between 21 hospitals and their chief innovation officers.)
Hope those help, to start the list. If you get a group of experts together, they average 33 barriers to success for a topic, so there’s 26 more to go
There are solutions to each of the barriers listed, but at this point, you have just asked for barriers.
Click Here To Download
The post Communication in an inter-professional healthcare team appeared first on AssignmentHub.