For this task you need to create a single (1) slide (using PowerPoint) colour coded concept map and 750 word explanation demonstrating analysis of the case study scenario emailed to you in week 1. A PowerPoint template file will be made available for you to customise based on your assigned case scenario.
In your concept map you must:
1) Interpret the patients risk factors (from the case-study scenario) and determine how these risk factors relate to the diagnosed disease/disorder; 2) Outline the links between the aetiology cellular pathology and the pathophysiology of the diagnosed disease;
3) Describe how the pathophysiology of the disease/disorder accounts for the patients clinical manifestations (described in the case-study scenario); and 4) Analyse and interpret evidence-based research to suggest appropriate diagnostic assessments and treatment modalities for the patients diagnosis.
In your 750 word written explanation you must:
1) Explain the links between the patients risk factors and aetiology to account for the diseases/disorders pathophysiology.
2) Describe how the diseases/disorders pathophysiology manifests through the patients signs and symptoms.
3) Justify your suggested diagnostic tests and treatment modalities listed in the concept map on their relevance and appropriateness for the diagnosed disease/disorder.
Priya a 40-year-old female presents to her GP complaining of ongoing bouts of vaginal thrush worsening fatigue and excessive hunger. Priya was born in India and emigrated to Australia 30 years ago and works as a tax accountant. She admits to having a poor diet and rarely exercising. Priya has a BMI of 31.0 and a waist-hip ratio of 0.86. Priya visited her optometrist last week with blurred vision thinking she needed glasses; her optometrist suggested Priya see her GP fearing she had diabetes. Both of Priyas parents were diagnosed with diabetes and died from cardiovascular disease. Besides a number of recent urinary tract infections and cellulitis Priya reports good health.
After subsequent diagnostic testing Priya is diagnosed with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
I HAVE ATTACHED Example/ SAMPLE CONCEPT MAP about cervical cancer that is how Concept Map should be made .