Create a 5–7 slide presentation (with detailed speaker’s notes) on how you would select, foster collaboration among, and educate a team dedicated to solving a diversity issue.
Assessments 1 and 2 are scenario-based, so you must complete them in the order in which they are presented.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Finding, organizing, and motivating teams is a key leadership skill as is the ability to communicate and present information.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply qualities, skills and practices used by effective healthcare leaders.
- Outline goals and initial priorities that reasonably reflect the project.
- Competency 2: Apply practices that facilitate effective interprofessional collaboration.
- Outline a plan that effectively fosters interprofessional group collaboration.
- Competency 3: Apply ethical codes and diversity best practices in health care organizations.
- Define the composition of a team with characteristics that could effectively address a diversity issue.
- Describe the basic characteristics of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Explain the benefits of promoting and supporting diversity within an organization using scholarly resources.
- Competency 4: Produce clear, coherent, and professional written work, in accordance with Capella’s writing standards.
- Create an organized presentation that clearly communicates all specified content.
In this assessment you will continue your work on the project by creating a 5–7 slide PowerPoint presentation for the diversity project kickoff meeting.
- View the PowerPoint Presentation Instructions for guidelines and hints for an effective presentation.
- Download the PowerPoint Template found in the resources and use it to complete this assessment.
Imagine that Lynette follows up with you in an e-mail shortly after reading your views on leadership and collaboration:
Thanks for sending me your thoughts last week on the diversity issue at the clinic. Your next step is to select a team of professionals who can help you in this project and prepare an introduction of the project for a first meeting with them.
I want you to prepare a presentation to serve as a brief, but substantive introduction for the first meeting with a group of 4–5 members who will participate on the committee tasked with addressing the diversity issue. Once I review more information about the proposed team I can help you with the recruitment. The presentation should be 5–7 minutes and use 6–8 slides with detailed speaker’s notes so I can understand your approach. Not a lot of time or space, so keep things pretty high level. Do the following:
Briefly outline the project goals and highlight 2–3 of the initial priorities to be addressed by the group. Also, explain why they are important.
Explain the composition of the team and why you chose them. Note that you will not know the exact individuals yet, but assume we will recruit the people with the desired qualities and characteristics that you outline in the presentation. Consider the following:Include a group of professionals you believe can help define the problem and ultimately make recommendations on how to address it.
Make sure each member is either trained in, sensitive to, or has experience with the concept of workplace diversity.
Give some thought to having some members from outside the organization.
Provide member profiles: their diversity, qualifications, experience, internal versus external, and so forth.
Explain your role and describe how the committee will work together and achieve effective interprofessional collaboration.Describe how the group will communicate. How and when they will meet.
Describe how ideas will be shared and decisions made.
Describe roles, group function, and structure.
Describe the basic characteristics of a diverse workplace.
Provide a convincing argument regarding the benefits of a diverse workforce using support from current research.Thanks,
Create a 5–7 slide presentation in response to the content defined in the above scenario and submit it in the courseroom.
- Length: 5–7 PowerPoint slides (not including title slide) that would accompany an approximately 5-minute oral presentation.
- Notes: Prepare detailed speaker’s notes describing items on each slide so that the viewer can accurately interpret the deeper meanings and intentions that would have been conveyed orally. Support your claims, arguments, and conclusions with credible evidence from 2–3 current, scholarly or professional sources.
- Visuals: Create visuals that are easily read and interpreted. Use colors, fonts, and formatting and other design principles that make the information clear and generally add to the aesthetic of the presentation.
Please refer to the scoring guide for details on how your assessment will be evaluated.
1- Outline goals and initial priorities that reasonably reflect the project.
Passing Grade: Outlines insightful and goals and initial priorities that accurately reflect the project, along with reasonably stated assumptions.
2- Define the composition of a team with characteristics that could effectively address a diversity issue.
Passing Grade: Defines the composition of a team, with characteristics that is highly diverse and well equipped to effectively address a diversity issue.
3- Outline a plan that effectively fosters interprofessional group collaboration.
Passing Grade: Outlines a plan that effectively fosters interprofessional group collaboration and includes multiple proven methodologies.
4- Describe the basic characteristics of a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Passing Grade: Describes the basic characteristics of a diverse and inclusive workplace, with support from scholarly resources.
5- Explain the benefits of promoting and supporting diversity within an organization using scholarly resources.
Passing Grade: Explains the benefits of promoting and supporting diversity within an organization, using scholarly resources that include specific examples of where it has worked.
6- Create an organized presentation that clearly communicates all specified content.
Passing Grade: Creates an organized presentation that clearly communicates all specified content, using effective visuals and detailed descriptive speaker’s notes.