Based on what we learned in this class and Gus Martin’s analysis of current and future strategies of terrorism in Chapter 12, do you agree with his argument that terrorism will not disappear, but mutate into new forms? Or do you think that some combination of government policies and counter-terrorism can reduce the number of people that would turn to terrorism as a tactic to get their political ideas across? In other words, what if anything, can be done?
There is no right or wrong answer to this. I simply want you to seriously think about this and give a reasoned answer based on what we have learned about terrorism over this semester.
1. Explain why the Far/Fringe Left and Right are more likely to commit acts of terrorism than liberal, moderate or conservative people in US Society. Give an example of Left and Right terror we have seen in the USA.
2. What is special interest terrorism? How is it different from other forms of domestic terrorism? Give at least one example of special interest terror.
3. What is the RICO Statute? What was the purpose of it, and how has it been used over the years to fight Organized Crime?
4. Fighting terrorism involves many different options, with the book and lecture pointing out four main ones: military/use of force, repressive options, conciliatory options and legalistic options. Give a short description of each of these, and which do you think are the most and least effective?
5. Explain the concept of homeland security and how the Department of Homeland Security is organized to effectively combat both domestic terror and the efforts of international terrorists to commit acts of terror on US soil.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The post Far/Fringe Left and Right are more likely to commit acts of terrorism than liberal first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.