1. Study the charts in “Migration and the Origin of Boarder Control Policies”. How does the percentage population growth of the Americas compare to the percentage population growth of the whole world? Which “sending” country has the largest population in both 1850 and 1950? Why do you think there was so much social anxiety in the USA over Chinese immigration in the late 1800’s?
2. In “A Chinese Feminist Condemns Injustices to Women”, the author, Qiu Jin identifies several ways that Chinese women and girls suffer injustice. Name and discuss at least three of these injustices. What does Qui Jin believe women should do going forward?
3. In “Industrialization and Women’s Freedom in Egypt”, explain the author, Bahithat al-Badiya’s conflict over women’s roles. How does she bring God into her argument?
4. In “A Pan-German Leader Rails Against the Rising Power of the Slavs and the Jews in the Austro-Hungarian Empire”, the author, Georg von Schonerer, an elected official in Austria, calls the legislation he is proposing “racially organic”. How does he intend for this legislation to affect the Jewish community in Austria? Why does he categorize Judaism as a race?
5. In “India and Self Government”, what does the author, Mahatma Gandhi, identify as India’s biggest problem? What is the remedy he proposes for this problem? Do you agree or disagree with his proposal? Why or why not?
SHORT ESSAY (500 WORDS) FOR REQUIRED WRITING INTENSIVE CREDIT. YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS ESSAY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR THE WRITING INTENSIVE PORTION OF THE COURSE. THE ESSAY IS WORTH 100 POINTS.
You have read and analyzed “A Chinese Feminist Condemns Injustices to Women” by Qui Jin. Now read her obituary at https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/obituaries/overlooked-qiu-jin.html (An obituary is a news article about a person when that person dies.) In your essay, compare her own words to what was written about her in the obituary. What is your opinion of her after you have read both?
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The post “Migration and the Origin of Boarder Control Policies”. first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.