It is the second part of nation project which include six questions, use these questions as guide to discuss Taiwan. I also upload the Part I of this Nation project, and class notes.
Identify at least two additional SCHOLARLY JOURNAL articles (not book chapters) about Taiwan that address issues not covered in course texts. The national narratives could include newspaper stories.
1. How have factors like war and conflict shaped the nation of your choice? How has that nation
responded to, or been shaped by, globalization?
2. What are some of the main emblems of the nation of your choice (like its flag and national anthem)? What are the narratives of the nation embedded in those emblems?
3. What other narratives of the nation can we find in official descriptions (for example, at government websites) and in that nation’s media?
4. What are the narratives of that nation from sources outside it and from oppositional voices within it?
5. How is that nation’s nationalism manifested in relation to culture in the form of sports, food and material culture? What narratives of the nation do we find in these cultural forms?
6. Based on Mihelj’s definition of nationalism as both discourse and legitimation, how have culture and
power factored into the nationalism of the nation of your choice?
Review as needed:
American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) [3rd printing: October 2009]. Washington, DC: Author.
Marquis, B., & Huston C.J. (2012). Leadership roles and management functions in nursing (7th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
Kaplan Writing Center (Find link under Student Resources):
The Kaplan Writing Center offers assistance with writing, APA, and online communication. (Unless otherwise specified, all papers need to be in APA format.) Access the Writing Center through the Student Portal.
Also available through the Writing Center is The Kaplan Guide to Successful Writing.
Suggested Journal articles:
Please retrieve and read the following journal articles from the Kaplan University Library. Articles can be located through a search in the CINAHL database, OVID database, Kaplan University Library (links to these are located under the Student Resources in Course Home) or by using the link at the end of the reference if provided.
Sherman, R., & Pross, E. (2010). Growing future nurse leaders to build and sustain healthy work environments at the unit level. The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing 15(1), Manuscript 1. Retrieved from https://www.nursingworld.org/MainMenuCategories/ANAMarketplace/ANAPeriodicals/OJIN/TableofContents/Vol152010/No1Jan2010/Growing-Nurse-Leaders.html
Read one of the following:
Curtis, E. A., Sheerin, F. K., & Vries, J. (2011). Developing leadership in nursing: the impact of education and training. British Journal of Nursing (BJN), 20(6), 344–352.
Curtis, E. A., Vries, J., & Sheerin, F. K. (2011). Developing leadership in nursing: exploring core factors. British Journal of Nursing (BJN), 20(5), 306–309.
Downey, M., Parslow, S., & Smart, M. (2011). The hidden treasure in nursing leadership: informal leaders. Journal of Nursing Management, 19(4), 517–521.
Williams, I., McDowell, J., & Kautz, D. (2011). A caring leadership model for nursing’s future. International Journal for Human Caring, 15(1), 31–35.
Nurse Together. (2012). Nurse leadership vs. management. Retrieved from https://www.nursetogether.com/tabid/102/itemid/1138/Nurse-Leadership-vs-Management.aspx
Sigma Theta Tau International. (2011). Reflections on nursing leadership. Retrieved from https://www.reflectionsonnursingleadership.org/pages/home.aspxhttps://www.reflectionsonnursingleadership.org/pages/vol35_3_sieg_nursingleaders.aspx
Association of Nurse Executives. (2012). Retrieved from https://www.aone.org/
Leadership and Nursing Roles
This week your learning Journal will be focused on nursing leadership and the different types of nursing leadership roles in health care. You also are asked to develop your own plan for leadership.
Please read at least one of the listed articles under this week’s readings. After you have read the article, address the following questions and topics:
• How do the ideas/suggestions of this article relate to the three nursing roles (provider of care, manager of care, and member of the profession)?
• Discuss a leadership structure you have come across in your practice or research. How many layers of administration are there in this structure?
• Who stands out as a leader in your mind as you look back at your time in nursing? What role was that person in at the time?
• Provide a constructive critique of this person’s ability to function as a leader.
• What have you learned about leadership while earning your BSN?
• What types of leadership roles have you witnessed in your professional practice?
Lastly, synthesize the information from the readings and prior nursing experience to discuss what your future plans are as a nursing leader. How do you plan to use your leadership skills in your nursing role(s)?
Feel free to expand on these questions if necessary.
Your finished Journal entry should be, at minimum, eight (8) well-developed paragraphs with more than three (3) sentences per paragraph.
As this Assignment is a Journal entry and not a formal paper, it may at times be difficult to follow the organization, style, and formatting of the APA 6th Edition Manual. Despite this, your Journal Assignment should:
• clearly establish and maintain the viewpoint and purpose of the Asignment;
• follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
• be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
• display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
• use APA 6th edition format for crediting sources.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now