Discussion: Organizational Culture Instructions
Managers perform a vital role in influencing organizational culture. Organizational culture influences the interactions between individuals and groups in achieving organizational goals. It is important that managers be able to identify and implement success strategies to restore a dysfunctional culture to a functional one. In this assignment, students will recommend a strategy and an implementation method to transform a dysfunctional culture to a functional one.
Your completed assignment must include a cover page, abstract, introduction, conclusion and reference section (which does not count towards the minimum word count). The content information or body of your paper (which is the information you include in your thread) must be pasted into the discussion board, and the entire main thread (include a cover page, abstract, introduction, conclusion and reference section) must be uploaded to the assignment link for grading without loss in formatting. Keep in mind that formatting is not always transferred accurately in the “cut and pasting” process but is normally transferred correctly during the uploading process. Do not use PDF files, or any other word processing application other than Microsoft Word for this assignment.
Submit your main thread by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Thursday of Module 3: Week 3.
Remember: This assignment and all assignments in this course have a management, not leadership focus. There is a distinct difference between management and leadership. Discuss management, not leadership. The Contemporary Management text only provides basic topical information. As a research-intensive doctoral course, you will need to research current scholarly literature. There is no assignment in this course that can be completed by relying on the text alone.
Research Guide for BMAL 703
Recommend at least one key strategy or method that will restore functionality to a dysfunctional organizational culture, where internal distrust and competitive behavior flourishes. A reactive (not proactive) strategy is needed since the organization is on the verge of collapse due to this chronic dysfunction. You must dig deeper than just saying “establish trust” to resolve this crisis. Justify your reasoning, with support from peer-reviewed literature and the Bible, stating why your chosen strategy is better than other alternative strategies through comparison and contrast with other strategies. Also, discuss how you will implement this success strategy for maximum effectiveness. Most of your paper should concentrate on describing how to implement your strategy. Required key words to include: strategy, implementation, effective, crisis (at least 100 words in the strategy section, 400 words in the implementation section, in addition to the required cover page, abstract, introduction, conclusion, and reference sections)
Cover page with Topic Title
Strategy (at least 100 words in this section)
Implementation (at least 400 words in this section)
Materials submitted to fulfill requirements in one course may not be submitted in another course. Concerns about the propriety of obtaining outside assistance and acknowledging sources should be addressed to the instructor of the course before the work commences and as necessary as the work proceeds.
• The cover page must include this statement: By submitting this assignment, I attest this submission represents my own work, and not that of another student, scholar, or internet source. I understand I am responsible for knowing and correctly utilizing referencing and bibliographical guidelines.
• This paper must include at least 3 references from peer-reviewed journal articles that have publication dates no older than 5 years, in addition to the course textbooks and the Bible. Do not use any books other than the Bible and the 2 course textbooks. Do not cite the management text more than twice in your paper. Do not conduct interviews.
• In-text citations are required to support your thesis statement, paragraph topic sentences points, statements, issues, arguments, concerns, statements of fact and opinion.
• The required cover page, abstract, introduction, conclusion, and reference sections are not included in the required assignment word count but are required as part of your paper.
• The abstract should be written within a range of 150-250 words. Your abstract should focus on the contents of your paper, but not your specific research information. Your abstract should not duplicate your introduction section but should articulate a clear and comprehensive overview of the paper’s contents with a focus on your research findings and your biblical application.
• The introduction should not be longer than ½ page. It presents a detailed description of the problems and issues central to the case. Your introduction must include a thesis statement, with a supporting citation at the end of your introduction section.
• Your conclusion section should not be longer than ½ page. It clearly states the answer to the problem which you stated in your introduction.
• Sources of information from Wikipedia, dictionaries, and encyclopedia will not be accepted. Similarity SafeAssign scores should not exceed 20%
• Paragraph lengths: Each paragraph should have a topic sentence unless it continues from or provides support to the prior paragraph. A paragraph is defined in this course as being at least 4 sentences in length.
• The first and second person may not be used. This assignment must be based on scholarly and biblical literature.
• Avoid clichés, slang, jargon, exaggerations, abbreviations, figurative language, and language that is too informal and/or too subjective. • Submit your final document for grading with file name syntax: Last name, First Initial, Assignment #. For example: Bell, K, Discussion 3
leadership. This is an excellent opportunity to review dissertation topics in the LUO dissertation database to get an idea of how to form a doctoral-level research topic.
EBSCO Open Dissertations https://biblioboard.com/opendissertations/
NDLTD: Global ETD Search http://search.ndltd.org/
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global
ProQuest Dissertations and Theses @ Liberty University
Discussion: Organizational Culture Instructions