Identify a major theme (topic) in Siddhartha and use evidence from the text to demonstrate how it develops over the story.
1. Identify a major theme (topic) in Siddhartha and use evidence from the text to demonstrate how it develops over the story. Make sure you also explain the author’s use of literary devices (metaphors, descriptive language, or symbolism) to reflect on this theme.
2. To enrich your reflection on whatever theme you are discussing, bring in some research from at least two peer-reviewed academic source
3. Lastly, reflect on how the theme you have discussed connects to the story as a whole and deepens our understanding of the story’s overall message.
4. Be sure to include an MLA works cited page at the end of your essay for ALL texts referenced in your essay.
MakesureyourIntroductionandThesishoneinonaprecise topic: for example, instead of saying you will talk about Nature, focus on the symbolism of river or the forest or the songbird, etc….
• Discuss at least 3moments of the story thoroughly to show how your topic is relevant to Siddhartha’s development over time.
• When you discuss your research, make sure you provide at least 2 quotes from the research and be explicit about how the research can help us better understand the novel.
• Make sure your research is from a peer-reviewed academic source.