Mrs. Hill, 79 year old female, is admitted to your unit with symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath. You receive in report that she recently traveled out of the country to visit family. She developed these symptoms about 1 week ago and came into the hospital to be evaluated. You are receiving bedside report and the off-going nurse and you are standing outside Mrs. Hill’s room and you noticed that there is no isolation cart outside Mrs. Hill’s room.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- What would you do?
- Would you put Mrs. Hill in isolation? Yes/No If, yes, what kind of isolation?
- What equipment is needed to put Mrs. Hill in the proper isolation – list the PPE needed.
- What laboratory tests would likely be ordered for Mrs. Hill?
- What diagnostic imaging tests are likely to be ordered for Mrs. Hill?
- What type of diet would be ordered for Mrs. Hill?
- What would you monitor frequently (from her vital signs)?
- Besides the medications like antibiotics and steroids given to the patient – what other medication may you consider asking the doctor for to give to Mrs. Hill?
- Would Mrs. Hill need oxygen?
- How could you determine if she needs it?
Think of 2 nursing diagnoses – 1 physiological and 1 psychosocial and include 5 interventions for each that would be appropriate for Mrs. Hill.
Nursing diagnosis #1:
Nursing diagnosis #2:
- What is your role as a student nurse in patient safety? Write 1 paragraph (10 sentences or more).
- Describe personal experiences with sentinel events – or something you have read about/heard about.
- Self-reporting of adverse/sentinel events – what are your thoughts on this? Write 1 paragraph (10 sentences or more).