This discussion is an opportunity to compare two different persuasive speeches. Each has its pros and cons.
- What was the purpose of each speech (the speech goal)?
- What type of organizational pattern did each speaker use? (Review Chapter 13 for Persuasive Speech Organizational Patterns).
- Using specific examples from each speech, explain why you chose the organizational pattern.
- Was it effective?
- Why/why not? (If not, how could it be improved?)
- Which one did you like more? Why? (You are commenting on the organization and delivery of the speeches, NOT the topics of the speeches).