The parable of the Place of Honor examines the power of being humble. We as leaders and businesspeople should operate from a place of humility rather than a place of haughtiness. As we think about how we interact with others and how others see us from our interactions, we need to be mindful of how Christ has called us to be humble in our approach to leading and serving. This is difficult at times because many of us are wired to move forward, get things done, and do whatever it takes to be successful. We can still do all these things, but we need to accomplish them through a lens of humility. We should not be people who only try to promote ourselves, but we should be people that work hard, care for others, and do whatever it takes to build healthy and gracious relationships. God has called us to a life of humility, and when we lead, love, and care through humility, we will always do so from a seat of honor through Christ’s strength within us.
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Integrate the VBM into research, reading, writing, and reporting.
- Demonstrate the ability to write for practitioner websites.
This is the seventh parable in our series for the course. We have been discussing and learning together about the Virtuous Business Model through these parables. We have also been applying the learning gained from the parable readings and our reflection on the VBM to our personal and professional lives. In this final week, you will do the same; however, as you reflect on the scripture reading for this week, also consider the prior weeks and how the you might integrate the broader scope of learning that has occurred more fully in your life.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read Luke 14:7-11(new tab) and review the Virtuous Business Model(Excel spreadsheet).
- Reflect on the following questions:
- What past personal experience(s) can you relate to the parable?
- How does the Scripture inform your understanding of the VBM?
- What can you do differently or better as a result of this reflective learning exercise?