Criteria for answers:
1) Direct reference to the chapter’s laws/regulations (Employment Laws, Case Law, Statutes)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
2) Direct reference to the chapter’s concepts (discrimination, ethics, social responsibility)
3) Quotes from the text.
4) Personal opinions based on an analysis of the above. 5) Each answer should be a paragraph (or a minimum of 5-7 sentences long)
1. Read this week’s ethical dilemma. What would you do? pg292
2. Why do unions exist?
3. Why do employees join unions?
4. Discuss the ‘change to win coalition’ strategy. Is this effective?
5. “Our competition was with the company itself” Does this accurately describe the often adversarial role between unions and employers?
6. Briefly describe unions’ strategies to strengthen their movement.
7. Discuss the laws affecting collective bargaining? Which favors employers and which favors unions?
8. Discuss the collective bargaining process.
9. Why is collective bargaining different for the public sector?
10. How does the union attempt to secure and protect itself within an organization?
11. What happens when the negotiation breaks down?