The benefit of most workplaces that have a union is that a clear, structured process for employees to voice their complaints and seek resolution to the problem. Non-unionized workplaces can benefit from such a process and system as well. Your assignment is to design a grievance system, using the knowledge from your book and additional research, for your or a family member’s non-unionized (or very recently unionized as they won’t have these systems set up for a while). It needs to have the initial grievance process, and then include steps for moderation and/or arbitration as at times those steps are necessary. You are to explain your system in a report, and it should include a process figure so we can see the different steps and stages. You need to include sufficient detail – example: The grievance process starts when an employee that feels the company is wrong in its decision against the employee files a complaint with the Ombudsman/woman. That individual, while hired by the company, is to be an external agent on the employee’s side like an external auditor. That way he or she can be free of organizational influence in the role of steward for the employees.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Report should have a 1-2 paragraph about the organization and its current size and structure.
- Then the report should explain your grievance and dispute resolution system.
- At the end should be a conclusion explaining why the system is going to work well for your organization.
- The process figure should be at the end.
- You are not to use materials from your unionized workplace, nor design a system for an organization that is already unionized as they have policies in place. The work is to be your own, and if you use a workplace that is unionized, it is often too tempting when life is busy to use materials that already exist. If you are caught using materials from a system that already exists, you will receive a 0 with no chance of appeal.
- Report should be double spaced, with first line of the first paragraph indented. You should use 1 inch margins, Times New Roman size 12 pt font. You may use bullets if needed.