Kinesiology Concept Map Project – Week 5, pt. 3 of 5
For the duration of this 8-week term, you will complete a Kinesiology concept map. This project will begin with the broad category of Kinesiology as the central portion of your map. Over the course of the term, you will continue to build onto your concept map as you learn more about the various aspects of the field of Kinesiology. With each addition to your concept map, you will provide a new assessment/reflection regarding the field of Kinesiology. Each file associated with this project will be labeled “Kinesiology Concept Map – xyz” (‘xyz’ will be replaced with the appropriate name of the worksheet to be completed for a given week) on the Moodle course website. Put your name and date in the designated slots below these instructions.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
*Type your answers directly into this document. Make sure you complete each page of this document in order to get full credit for the assignment. Be sure to complete them in the following order:
|Checklist for Completion|
*This is to help you confirm you’ve completed the assignment in full.
A concept map will help you to organize, relate, and understand the various aspects and topics of Kinesiology that you will be introduced to during this 8-week course. Please make sure to look in the supporting materials links for examples of concept maps before you begin this assignment. Provided in the PowerPoint file named Concept Map Template is a starting point for your own map. In future weeks, you will need to insert new shapes/text boxes for new concepts as is necessary.
You may create your concept map via the PowerPoint template or in the document. Regardless of what you choose, you will need to paste your final concept map in the space below:
The purpose of defining terms is to make sure that you have gained the foundational knowledge needed to build relationships and fully understand the various aspects of Kinesiology. Therefore, please respond to the following questions below:
· Define motor behavior.
· List and define the 3 subcategories of motor behavior.
· Define sport and exercise psychology.
· Define exercise physiology. What degree might you need for the various jobs in this field?
· Define biomechanics. List at least 3 research techniques used in this field.
· How might physical activity alter health and prevent or treat disease? Give at least 3 examples.
The purpose of conceptual relationships is to help you integrate, associate, and connect knowledge of various aspects of Kinesiology, as well as realize how each field in Kinesiology supports one another. Therefore, please respond to the following questions below:
· How might personality affect someone’s participation in the various types of physical activities and sports?
· What is mental skills training? How might you use mental skills training to motivate someone to participate in sports?
· How does biomechanics affect movement outcomes? Safety? Health?
· Do you believe that psychology in sports, such as mental skills training, might affect someone’s biomechanics? Why or why not?
· Do you believe that psychology in sports might affect someone’s physiological response to exercise? Why or why not?
Week 5 Kinesiology Concept Map Reflection
As we continue through the term, you will be required to fill out periodic reflections to record your thoughts and feelings about Kinesiology as you learn new information. Today, I want you to focus on the first day of changing your behavior. There is a specific prompt for you to get started, but after you answer the initial questions, you are free to continue on with more open-ended journaling, if you wish.
Journal Prompt: Has the new knowledge regarding the various disciplines and aspects of Kinesiology learned in the past 2 weeks changed your view or thoughts of Kinesiology? Based on what you learned these past 2 weeks, what do you think are some current challenges in Kinesiology? Do you think you personally can address these challenges? If so, how? Feel free to write whatever else comes to mind if you wish.